Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fuji - Work in progress by Jeff

I've done several paintings of this old bike, but it's been a while. I'm doing this one specifically for my new gallery, Bennett Street. Susie Pryor, the owner of the gallery, showed so much enthusiasm for my bike paintings that I just couldn't resist! I'm a real sucker for enthusiasm about my art.

The subject here is a bike that my sister and I gave to my mom as a birthday present when we were teenagers. It spent many years at the beach in North Carolina, until it just got too rusty to use practically. I brought it back to Georgia to live in my garden, where it has gained more and more rust and patina. I suppose with enough WD40 I could still ride it, but it makes an awfully nice model for my paintings just like it is!

The finished size of this piece will be 40" x 40". This image is a close-up of the painting - it's going to have a lot more breathing room when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment